This policy applies to any personal information you may provide to us.
By giving your personal information to Cheap as Chips, you are consenting to our use of that information in accordance with this policy. We reserve the right to change this Policy from time to time. Any updates of this Policy can be accessed via our website.
No attempt will be made to identify individual users or their browsing activities except in the event that it is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of criminal law. In the case of the latter, we will comply with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act regarding the limits and protocols associated with disclosure of personal information.
Collecting and holding personal information
Cheap as Chips does not collect and/or hold any personal information except contact details in order to adequately respond to a query:
- We do not hold any contact information such as name, postal / home address, email address and telephone numbers;
- We do not hold any financial details, including bank account details and credit card details.
When you use this website, we make a record of your visit and log the following information for statistical purposes:
- Your server address;
- Your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au etc.);
- The date and time of your visit to the site;
- The pages you accessed and any documents or files you may download;
- The previous site you visited; and
- The type of browser you used
Cookies are not used on this site to gather personal information about users except when they are used within specific web-based applications, such as our online surveys, where they are used for session management purposes only.
Cheap as Chips will only collect personal information by lawful and fair means. We will not collect or solicit personal information via this site which would be unlawful, unnecessary or unrelated to the functions or activities of Cheap as Chips.
Cheap as Chips collects personal information in several ways when you place an enquiry. These include:
- Through the use of electronic forms on this site to gather personal information; and
- Obtaining personal information as a result of authentication or identity checks.
Cheap as Chips will not gather your personal information from third party providers.
Use and disclosure
We only hold and use personal information for the following purpose;
- To respond to customer queries
Your personal information will only be collected, held used and/or disclosed for the primary purposes of collection set out above. If the personal information is not provided, we may not be able to provide the services or products requested. We may use personal information for a secondary purpose only if permitted by the Privacy Act.
No attempt will be made to identify individual users or their browsing activities from the statistical information collected from the website, except in the event that it is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of criminal law. In the case of the latter, we will comply with the Privacy Act regarding the limits and protocols associated with disclosure of personal information.
We may disclose personal information to necessary third parties, who assist us to provide, manage and administer our services and products. This may include;
- Providing your phone number to our courier for delivery services; or
- Providing your payment details to our secure payment partners to process your payment
Cheap as Chips will not disclose personal information to overseas parties.
Publishing personal information
We do not publish any personal information on this site.
Safeguarding your personal information
We will use our best endeavours to maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the personal information we hold is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that third party business partners' to whom we transfer any data will provide sufficient protection of that personal information.
Cheap as chips will only send direct marketing to you once you subscribe to the service. You can opt out at any time by unsubscribing, a link is provided on every item of communication you receive from us. Alternatively you can contact the privacy officer via the details provided at the bottom of this section who can manually remove you from the subscription.
Cheap as Chips will action your request to opt out of direct marketing as soon as is reasonably possible. If you click on the provided link you will removed almost immediately.
Access and correction
We take reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information is accurate, complete and up-to- date.
In addition you may request at any time to have access to any of your personal information that we may have collected.
Please direct your request for access to your personal information or for your personal information to be corrected or amended to the Privacy officer via the details provided at the bottom of this section.
We will, upon receiving your request, provide you with access to your personal information or update or correct your personal information, unless the APPs provide an exception to us granting your request.
Your request for access to your personal information or to update or correct your personal information will be dealt with by the Privacy officer as soon as reasonably practical. If we deny your request, we will provide you with a written notice detailing the reasons for the refusal and the process for making a complaint about the refusal to grant your request.
We may deny you access to your personal information if:
- Access would pose a serious threat to the life or health of any individual or the public;
- Access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals;
- The request is considered "frivolous” or "vexatious”;
- The information relates to a commercially sensitive decision making process;
- Access would be unlawful or denying access is required or authorised by law or a court order (e.g. we have a duty of confidentiality to our clients and will not provide access to personal information about you if it will breach that duty);
- We have reason to suspect that unlawful activity or serious misconduct is being, or has been, engaged in with regard to our business functions or activities and the granting of access would prejudice our ability to take appropriate action;
- Access would prejudice enforcement activities relating to criminal activities and other breaches of law, public revenue, a security function, or negotiations with the individual;
- The information relates to negotiations or legal proceedings that are in place, or anticipated, between you and Cheap as Chips; or
- Access would be likely to prejudice enforcement related activities conducted by an enforcement body.
Cheap as Chips will take appropriate steps to verify your identity (or verify that you act as a legal guardian or authorised agent of the individual concerned) before granting a request to access or correct your personal information. For example, you may be required to provide us with information which we can use to compare against the records held by us.
Where your request for access is accepted, we will provide you with access to your personal information in a manner as requested by you, providing it is reasonable and practical to do so.
Upon accepting a request for correction of your personal information, we will take all steps that are reasonable in the circumstances, having regard to the purpose for which your personal information is held, to correct your personal information.
Dealing with us anonymously
Where lawful and practicable to do so, you can deal with us anonymously or using a pseudonym. The circumstances in which you can deal with us anonymously or using a pseudonym include;
- Making a general enquiry about the services we offer.
You may request at the start of a telephone call with us, in relation to a general enquiry, to remain anonymous (or you may use a pseudonym).
You may submit a written complaint if you believe that cheap as Chips have breached a term of this policy, the APPs or any registered APP code that applies to us. The written complaint can be emailed or posted to us using the contact details set out at the bottom of this page.
Upon receiving such a complaint, the issue will be considered by our Privacy officer. The Privacy officer will respond to your complaint as soon as reasonably possible, but not more than 30 days from receiving your complaint.
If you are unsatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may ask for your complaint to be referred to the Cheap as Chips senior management. If you still remain unsatisfied with the outcome, you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner to be resolved (see the ‘Contact Us’ section of the OAIC website for details).
If you wish to:
- Gain access to your personal information;
- Make a complaint about a breach of your privacy;
- Contact us with a query about how your personal information is collected or used;
- Contact us regarding any other matter concerning this Policy.
You can speak directly with a Cheap as Chips staff member who will do their best to try to resolve your issue as simply as possible. Alternatively, you can write to us or send us an email so that our Privacy officer can consider the matter. We will respond to you as soon as reasonably possible.
Our contact details are as follows:
Phone: (08) 8140 1400
Postal address: 12-16 Butler boulevard, Burbridge business park, Adelaide airport SA 5950
For more information on privacy see the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at: http://www.oaic.gov.au
This policy is current as at 03/06/15